cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2620 Router (Getting started)

jsponseller
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2620 router and need to configure it. I already have a WIC T1 card in the router and the T1 implemented. Can anyone provide guidance on how to go about setting up this router?

Thanks,

Jerry

6 Replies 6

Here's the link for 2600 configuration guide. This should contain all the info you need to configure the router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_configuration_guide_book09186a008007e5e4.html

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

Thanks for the information. I have a couple of scripts provided by my internet service provider. would you recommend modifying the T1 information and running it to configure the router?

Thanks,

Jerry

Absolutely, they probably provided you a base configuration. You can/should customize the configuration according to your needs.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

Thanks. I will try to use one of the provided scripts.

Jerry

swapniljain
Level 1
Level 1

Jerry,

U can also use the setup command, which will take you thru a configuration wizard, and will be easy for you to configure the router.

Swapnil

Swapnil,

Thanks for the information. I will take a look at the setup command as well.

Jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card