CME - Identify number called?

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

Hi,

I have a very simple question, but I can not find the answer anywhere!

I have a four port FXO card, and I plug several POTs lines into each of them. When someone calls that POTs line I see it go into the ringing state when I do a "show voice call summary" or a "show voice port summary." However, I do not know what number is being called to make that line go off-hook, so therefore I do not know what number to put on an ephone-dn to make it ring to a phone or automated attendant.

Is there a command to see what number was being called to make that port go offhook? The phone system must know, otherwise it would not be able to route to DIDs for example.

-Eric

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/06/2007 - 16:04

Hi Eric,

normal lines do not provide DID, so you can't know which number is being called. In this case normally you will have a command like "connection plar opx XXX" to direct the call to one or more extensions of your choiche, or to an IVR.

Now, if you have a phone system that is able to route directly to extensions, then your lines are DID.

However, if you need to convert normal lines to DID, I would ask telco to provision ISDN (either BRI or PRI) instead, the advantages are many in all areas of use.

emphillips00 Tue, 02/06/2007 - 16:55

Hi p.bevilacqua,

Thank you for the reply, that is very interesting... Because I have that configured, and when I start calling that POTs line I see the ephone-dn turn red on my phone; but the line never rings!

This is actually not from the telco, but rather I have four lines from another phone system's FXS ports going into my FXO ports. So I am dialing x800 from the other phone system.

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar opx 800

caller-id enable

ephone-dn 175

number 800

label Other-System 800

trunk 800 timeout 30 transfer-timeout 60 monitor-port 0/1/0

So when I call x800 from the other system I see the port 0/1/0 go into ringing mode, the light on button 2 of my phone goes red, but the phone never rings.

Strange, ehh?

-Eric

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 02/06/2007 - 17:04

Hi Eric,

I'm not very familiar with the trunk command, but it may be causing the behavior you're seeing. Also, what button configuration do you have on the ephone itself ?

If you need to map specific lines for outgoing calls from CME, there is another technique that you can use beside the trunk command;

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Actions

This Discussion