Unity Connectivity Requirements for CCM Integration

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

We've been acquired. The new combined company is expanding the Cisco IPT deployment and none of the design dox I've seen mentions anything other than a LAN connection between Unity and CallManager for the integration requirements. I have a 3 server CCM 4.0(2a)sr2b cluster as well as a 2 server 4.0(4)sr1 Unity co-lo in Dallas. I know I need to keep the next pair of Unity servers 40ms from the Exchange cluster they will be servicing, which is in Irvine, CA. I know that a minimum bandwidth requirement of 45MB is needed for geographically separated Unity pub/sub. Will a WAN link between the CCM cluster in Dallas and the Unity cluster in Irvine have any requirements based on bandwidth or delay minimums to support a PBX integration of Unity in Irvine, and CCM in Dallas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 02/06/2007 - 14:55

First of all spliting Unity from Exchange Mailstore and DC/GC over WAN is not supported. The supported requirements is the same LAN minimum 100 Mbps. I am not saying it wont work, it is not supported.

Same requirement needs to be met between both primary and secondary Unity servers (100 mbps).

As far as tha CallManager servers, they may be split accross WAN as long as you meet the 40 ms rule, and can dedicate 900 kbps for replication.

HTH,

Chris

bbenner Tue, 02/06/2007 - 21:06

I've heard the 40ms rule, but didn't realize it encompassed more than the Unity/Exchange delay budget. 40ms for the Unity/CCM budget as well as 900kbps for replication?

Actions

This Discussion