Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity bridge server hardware replacement

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I've consulted the Bridge networking guide regarding the sections on how to move the Unity bridge to a new server, configure the Unity bridgehead server etc. and this looks easy enough to do. On the current server, we are using a Brooktrout TR114 4-port card. When I order the server hardware, do I need to order a new voice card, or can I reuse the one in the current server? Any caveats or recommendations for making this change as smoothly as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Ginger

1 Reply 1

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ginger,

We tested the TR114 4-port in the latest shipping Bridge server, so you can reuse your existing card in the new server.

I'm not sure what the motivation is for buying a new server, but keep in mind the following caveats:

-if you want to use your existing TR114, you must install Windows 2000 on the Bridge server. The TR114 does not work on Windows 2003.

-if you are planning to increase the port capacity on your Bridge server, you can't mix the TR114 and the TR1034 (the TR1034 is what you would get if you ordered a new Bridge voice card from Cisco).

These and more info on Bridge 3.1 system requirements are here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_system_requirements_hardware09186a00806b97f8.html#wp33349

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: