Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Fabric Manager database stops and refuses to start again

The database process - FMPersist - of Cisco Fabric Manager (3.02a) fails then I can't get it started again.

We're running on a Linux server and I'm attaching the FMPersist.log.

5 Replies 5

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think that it thinks the TCP port is already open. I would create a TAC case or have your OSM do it if bought the MDS from an OSM and have TAC take a look at the log. They might want some additional debug after initial contact as well.

I was hoping this was an easy fix but I guess not so I'll get a case opened. Thanks for the input.

Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem (but running on Windows).

Part of our problem has been that the database is not robust enough to handle a large fabric like we have. We upgraded to version 3.12a and split the load across two servers (and database) - test on one and production on another - so the database doesn't shut down any more, but the continuing problem has been that it will stop refreshing data. We bounce the processes once a week to update the fabric information. We are not collecting any performance data.

If you haven't already, stop using the HSQL database and configure an Oracle database. Large fabrics work MUCH better on Oracle...