Cisco Fabric Manager database stops and refuses to start again

Unanswered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

The database process - FMPersist - of Cisco Fabric Manager (3.02a) fails then I can't get it started again.

We're running on a Linux server and I'm attaching the FMPersist.log.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tblancha Tue, 02/06/2007 - 17:01

I think that it thinks the TCP port is already open. I would create a TAC case or have your OSM do it if bought the MDS from an OSM and have TAC take a look at the log. They might want some additional debug after initial contact as well.

elizabeth-martinez Wed, 02/07/2007 - 09:03

I was hoping this was an easy fix but I guess not so I'll get a case opened. Thanks for the input.

brada269 Tue, 08/14/2007 - 10:46

Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem (but running on Windows).

elizabeth-martinez Wed, 08/15/2007 - 07:56

Part of our problem has been that the database is not robust enough to handle a large fabric like we have. We upgraded to version 3.12a and split the load across two servers (and database) - test on one and production on another - so the database doesn't shut down any more, but the continuing problem has been that it will stop refreshing data. We bounce the processes once a week to update the fabric information. We are not collecting any performance data.

chris.walden Wed, 08/15/2007 - 07:59

If you haven't already, stop using the HSQL database and configure an Oracle database. Large fabrics work MUCH better on Oracle...

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Storage Networking