Please opine on this home lab diagram?

Answered Question
Feb 6th, 2007

Hi, can you help me on this?

My goal is to play with as many IP telephony labs as I can in my home lab. I'd like to configure gateways and gatekeepers and make all phones communicate with each other.

My main doubt is regarding the configuration of router 'C2610-1' as demonstrated in the attached diagram. I am trying to simulate a PSTN with it. Then I put (2) FXO ports on that router.

Please feel free to make suggestions on how I could use the (3) C2610 and (1) Cat 3550 give me the best IP telephony lab possible. I know my diagram my be wrong and vague, but I am looking for suggestions from you experienced folks if you don't mind.

Please find attached diagram.

Thank you :-)

Marlon

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by gracianogardunojr about 9 years 7 months ago

You got it. Now please rate my post.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
news2010a Thu, 02/08/2007 - 09:14

Graciano, how about if I configure the router on the top, (C2610-1), the one with 2 FXO's ports, as a PBX? Would that be the correct connection then?

If you confirm the topology is correct if I want to make the C2610-1 as a PBX, I confess at this point it is not clear to me which configuration I should run on that router to make it work as a PBX, I would need to research that next.

I forgot to remove that hub from there. You are right.

Thanks much !

Marlon

gracianogardunojr Thu, 02/08/2007 - 09:26

Marlon,

On your 2610-1 you need an fxs to provide dialtone to the other two routers.This will make 2610-1 your pbx.You will create two dial-peers with the destination-pattern of the numbers you plan to use ie:1000,1001.Pointing to the fxs voice-ports.

Hope this helps

JR

news2010a Thu, 02/08/2007 - 20:46

I think I got it. I should use two FXS on the 2610-1 instead. Then I connect those with RJ-11 cable to the respective FXO onto C2610-2 and C2610-3.

So then I create a 'dial-peer voice 1000 pots' and' destination-pattern 1...'. You rule!

Actions

This Discussion