cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID on T1 CAS

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a T1 CAS being used for long distance. I am using MGCP. I am trying to get outbound Caller ID to work. Any thoughts?

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you clarify what is 'outboud caller id' to you ?

In T1 CAS, the terminology is for called and calling number is DNIS and ANI. Only certain types of signaling provides both. What are you using ?

I want to sending the Calling number

ANI in outbound T1 CAS is supported only for FGD-EANA signaling. If you have something like T1 loop-start, you cannot send out the calling number. Check with your telco, but if you want to make your life easier, you should get ISDN PRI, and a DID block.

I am using E&M wink start for my signaling.

E&M is good, but wink start is not good enough. You will need a trunk supporting E&M Feature Group D to pass ANI. Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800801ee.html

It does not seem like this is supported in MGCP only H323, confirm?

The matter is that beside MGCP or H.323, you need E&M Feature Group D to pass ANI. As we are telling you, T1 CAS E&M alone does not supports ANI.

I didn't specify. Is E&M-FGD available in MGCP or H323 only?

That is the root question, I hope one of our CCM experts can answer.

Would need both the T1 config from the router as well as the route pattern / gateway config from ccm..

-Greg

Murphy1518
Level 1
Level 1

We overcome the restriction of Caller ID on CAS by creating an outgoing number translation that sent the main site number out on all dial-peers that connected calls that required the number to be sent. i.e

Translation-rule tag: 1

Rule 1:

Match pattern: .*

Replace pattern: 1234567890

Match type: none Replace type: none

Match plan: none Replace plan: none

Translation Profile: FixANI

Rule for Calling number: 1

Rule for Called number:

Rule for Redirect number:

Obviously this does not send the number of the calling extn but it does at least send the main site number.

Get a PRI. Cas does does not support caller id.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: