Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem getting QinQ and EoMPLS to work

6mpedersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're trying to setup 802.1Q in 802.1Q using MPLS to traverse a MPLS network. However we haven't been able to get the VC for the EoMPLS to come up.

We're trying to do this on Cisco 6509-E (Sup720) switches running native IOS 12.2(18)SXF5

Our network looks like this;

Edge Switch -vlan trunk-> MPLS1 --> MPLS2 --> MPLS3 --> MPLS4 -vlan trunk-> Edge Switch

The EoMPLS tunnel we're trying to setup is between MPLS1 and MPLS4. The mpls l2transport command is set on the interface "vlan152".

Attached are the following configurations/show commands from both MPLS1 and MPLS4;

show interface vlan 152 (mpls l2transport interface),

show interface gigx/x (QinQ tunnel interface),

show mpls l2transport vc detail,

show ip cef,

show mpls ldp neighbor,

show mpls forwarding-table,

show ip route.

In the show mpls l2transport vc detail, it says "Tunnel label: not ready" and "Output interface unknown". I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this but it might be the cause of the problem (missing/wrong configuration?)

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated.

kind regards

-Michel

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

can you check LSP end-to-end? Which mpls enabled interfaces are you using to transport EoMPLS?

Also you might use "ping mpls pseudowire" on both ends and post the output.

Regards, Martin

alexander.muhin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michel,

AFAIK, cisco 7600 in PFC3B/3BXL mode doesn't support EoMPLS on Layer 3 vlan interfaces.

Try to configure xconnect under interface GigabitEthernet7/6.

Regards,

Alexander

pucko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is that feature even supported on a 6k without OSM/SIP modules ?

I have done the exact same but with 3750me and it worked just fine, be aware of potential MTU problems.

Jonas

Thanks to everyone for replying. It seems that it might not be supported on the 6500 without OSM/SIP modules.

MTU wise, we're okay as the entire MPLS core has a max MTU of 9216.

Since this feature doesn't seem to be supported, we'll try to find a different way to achieve what we're trying to do, getting our layer 2 vlans from point A to point B. I'll look into using sub-interfaces and see if that won't solve the problem.

kind regards

Michel