Level 1

Hi

In 6513 the AAA config not working

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vijay

You have not given us much to work with here. The problem could be a configuration mistake on the 6513, it could be that the 6513 is not properly configured on the AAA server, it could be that the key used is not the same on both devices.

Posting the AAA configuration of the 6513 would be a good place to start. Also it would help if you would verify that there is IP connectivity between the 6513 and the AAA server. You could also look into the logs on the AAA server under failed attempts and tell us if there is any error message when you attempt AAA from the 6513.

If you can provide us some of the things I have asked for we may be able to find the solution to your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick

here the configuration

"

aaa new-model

aaa group server tacacs+ ACS

aaa authentication login default local

aaa authentication enable default none

aaa session-id unique

tacacs-server host x.x.x.x

tacacs-server host x.x.x.x

no tacacs-server directed-request

tacacs-server key xxxxxxxx

"

The IOS verison is 12.2(18)SXD6,

Vijay

I have looked at the config that you posted. I note that you are specifying local authentication for login to user mode and no authentication for enable mode. That is a slightly unusual combination, but if that is what you want you can do it.

Perhaps we need to clarify what the problem is. Your original post said that AAA was not working. I assumed that you were trying to communicate with an AAA server, but that is not what the config is doing. So perhaps you can clarify what about the AAA is not working.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: