Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Historical Reports Client in corporate environment

p.hruby
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

i have problem with HR client (IPCC Express 4.0(4)) at our customer. When I use HR client which was installed on standard Win XP PC (my notebook for example), everything works fine. But when common user starts this application from corporate PC, he obtain error "Unable to establish connection to database. Check the log file for error 5051"

I think that cause of this error is that they don?t have local account CiscoHistRprtUsr (which was without any notice created during the HR client installation on my PC and which has administration rights !!!??) on their PCs. Local accounts are not allowed in this corporation. They have centraly distributed installation from their headquaters with domain policies applied.

Is there any workaround how to use HR client without special local account? Or anyone know what is the exact procedure which HR client uses during communication with CRA database?

I did some testing in lab and it looks like the first step is small http communication with CRA server and then follows huge SMB communication with our local file/print (under username CiscoHistRprtUsr) server which doesn't have any relation to CRA .

Petr

1 Reply 1

Alfredo Naranjo
Level 1
Level 1

A Database Connection Error 5051 error appears

Symptom When you try to log into the CRA Historical Reporting client software on the client computer, a Database Connection Error 5051 is displayed.

Possible Cause Network connectivity is down or the client connection setting is incorrect.

Recommended Action

1. From the Windows Control Panel on the CRA Historical reports client computer, choose Data Sources (ODBC).

2. Create a DSN to the db_cra database on the CRA server that the client computer is attempting to connect to. Choose SQL authentication (you will need your database login information) while creating the DSN.

3. If the DSN cannot be created, verify that network connectivity exists between the CRA Historical Reports client computer and the CRA server.

If you are able to connect successfully using the DSN, update the hrcConfig.ini file on the client computer with the appropriate network library.

If this helps, do not forget, rate!!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: