CSS Scripts

Answered Question
Feb 7th, 2007

We have a BEA weblogic web cluster and a cisco css 11501, we are currently using http keepalives to monitor a web page that calls services from diferent parts of the web site, this all works fine. The web developers have asked if its possible to create a script, that will check the page everytime a new request hits the vip? Is this possible? I have suggested that we change the keepalive timers in the meantime

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Gilles Dufour about 9 years 7 months ago

I feel like your developper wants the CSS to check the server when the new request comes in and before it makes its loadbalancing decision.

To guarantee the request will always be served.

That would really kill the performance of the box if we could do this.

Fortunately this is not possible.

By reducing the probe delay, you reduce the possibility of sending traffic to a dead server.

However, make sure not to kill the box with your probes. Both the CSS and the servers.

Too much probing can be dangerous.

Gilles.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Gilles Dufour Wed, 02/07/2007 - 08:38

I feel like your developper wants the CSS to check the server when the new request comes in and before it makes its loadbalancing decision.

To guarantee the request will always be served.

That would really kill the performance of the box if we could do this.

Fortunately this is not possible.

By reducing the probe delay, you reduce the possibility of sending traffic to a dead server.

However, make sure not to kill the box with your probes. Both the CSS and the servers.

Too much probing can be dangerous.

Gilles.

Actions

This Discussion