I open a ticket to Ciso tac, but they seems cant give me an 100% answer.
Unified messaging 4.04sr1 (HP DL380 G2) intergate with exchange 2000 cluster (off box)
Here is what I try to do:
1. In the very near future, we will have exchange 2003 with brand new hardwares.
2. I am going to upgrade unified from 4.04sr1 to 4.05, 4.11 or 4.21, by the way, any suggestion of what verison I should upgrade to??
3. Then after exchange 2003 done, I will point the unified to new exchange 2003 partner.
4. Also, I got the two new MCS-7835 for unified failover to replace the old DL 380 G2. My question is that I want to install windows 2003 at those two new MCS 7835 server instead of windows 2000. Can I use latest verison of DIRT to backup the existing unified at DL 380 and use latest verison of DIRT to retore back to windows 2003?? It is because I heard in order to retore unity, the unity verison, SQL, windows verison and patch has to be same. Is that true??
5. If it is true... so there is no way to use windows 2003 at unity???
Thanks a lot!!!
Not sure where you're getting your info about DiRT from, but it's not accurate of course. DiRT could care less about the OS version or the version of Exchange (as noted in the DiRT help file). As long as the version of Unity matches exactly and the new installation you're restoring to is fully functional prior to restore, you should be fine.
There is no exceptions to the Unity version matching - so you either need to do a DiRT restore of your 4.0(4) SR1 to a 4.0(4) SR1 install or first upgrade to 4.2(1) and then restore a backup of that. You cannot migrate and upgrade all in one step.