Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 5505 Help

steve.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just brought a cisco Cat 5505 and it is not booting. The unit has the following cards installed:

Slot 1: Blank

Slot 2: WS-5530-E3

Slot 3: WS-X5302

Slot 4: WS-X5224

Slot 5: WS-X5224

I have tried moving all cards up one slot so the supervisor engine is in Slot 1 but this did not work.

The Supervisor III card is displaying Status LED red and Active LED amber. There are no LED's on for PSU 1 and 2 or Fans. When I connect to the console port (using a straight through cable) I get nothing. The WS-5302 RSM has a Status LED of amber and the cpu halt and enabled LED are lit green. Also both the WS-X5224 modules have an amber LED status.

All the fans and PSU?s look to be functioning correctly. Is there anything else I can try? I think it's a dead supervisor board.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

4 Replies 4

steve.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've sorted it I think.

I re-seated all components on the WS-5530-E3 Supervisor card. Something must have come loose during shipping.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

should slot0: not be filled with the supervisor?

Mine is!

Eric Sanders

esanders
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

next suggestion; Did you connect to the console port with two(2) cisco cables, not with just one(1)!

Eric Sanders

emazurek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

Here's a link to a troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/ps2027/products_maintenance_guide_chapter09186a00807dc03e.html

Here's what it says:

Replacing the Supervisor Engine

Note that the supervisor engine must go in slot 1 and the redundant supervisor engine in slot 2.

So, that's where I'd start. Move just the

WS-X5530-E3 blade up to slot 1. While your're

doing this check the pins in the back of the

blade and the inside the chassis (use a flashlight) and look for bent ones.

When you put the sup in slot 1 what do the

lights look like?

Are there any flashcards installed?

I'm not sure if any of that will help or not.

The sup may just be dead.

Thanks,

Ed Mazurek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: