Views
Helpful
Replies

2 PPP multilinks between same 2 routers

hkezaby.mpls
Level 1
Level 1

Gents ,

One of our customers wants 2 PPP Multilinks between the PE and his CE.

Both of them never come up together although all member links are active and up.

When i tried to administratively shut down one of them the other comes up and vice versa.

Please give me your opinions and advices.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

dknov
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Your setup is not quite clear. Back in DDR days you had to identify interesting traffic to trigger the circuit connection. MLPPP, which I assume you're using, is an "always-on" connection, so it's not clear to me what do you mean "they come up".

If your requirement is to use two MLPPP links as failover, this should be resolved by the means of dynamic routing between PE and CE, where one circuit is chosen over the other to pass traffic due to better metric/cost.

David

Hello ,

Ok i will make it much clearer now , we have 4 E1 leased lines between the PE and the CE with static routing between the PE-CE.

The customer is splitted into two major dept's or zones so he wants two separate links with different IP's joining between him and us.

We put 2 E1 links in each multilink and after that we discovered what i've recently described.

Both of the MLPPP never become active at the same time. i.e You should disable one of them inorder for the other to be active and reachable via layer 3 information.

Thank you and i appreciate your response.

hi

Can you post the config related to multilink and the physical interface ?

Also can you post the output of show interface serial (which are part of mulitlink bundle) and interface multilink ?

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: