cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Mailbox transfer to outside line?

jwehner
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a Unity voicemail subscriber have a message that says "press one for cell phone transfer, two for home number" and have it transfer to the outside number selected? and if so a little direction on how to do this?

I'm assuming that I need to use the Caller Input options for the mailbox but not sure where to go from there.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Jay

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends on which version you are running. Unity 4.2 has a new feature for caller input. The admin can define which caller input.

For instance, admin selects "4" as the caller input for transfer.

Subscriber Joe logs into his personal options on Unity, selects configure alternate contact number. Joe puts in his home phone.

Joe re-records his personal greeting for:

"hi, you have reached joe, if you like reach me, please press 4 or leave a message" Caller selects option 4, Unity dials Joe's home number (based on COS, dial restrictions, etc)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008061c412.html#wp1204171

check out that link.

If you want to have multiply Alternate contact numbers, the admin will have to program these in as system transfers manually. The subscriber can only have one programable Alternate number. (admin will have to configure the rest)

Good luck!

Thanks for the help. I'm on Unity 4.0 so I didn't have this option. The other guy's suggestion worked great!

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jay,

Yes you can do this.

1. Create a call handler and on the Call Transfer page, set "Transfer incoming calls to a phone" to "Yes, ring this extension" and set the value to the number you want to transfer to, for example, 95551212.

2. On the Caller Input page for the subscriber, click the key that you want to edit and change "Send caller to" to Call Handler.

3. Click Select Call Handler

4. Find and highlight the Call Handler that you created.

5. Make sure Conversation says "Attempt transfer for" and click Select.

6. At the main navigation for Unity admin, go to Restriction Tables and make sure that the number that you want to transfer to is an allowed pattern for the Default Transfer restriction table.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon! This worked great! Made me looked great to the boss!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: