cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750s Power 110V Vs 208V

diazed
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 3750s - 24 ports 10/100/1000 that came with a 110V power supply unit. The outlet supporting power on these switches is on unprotected power (non-UPS). One option available is to connect the switches to a 208V outlet which is on the Data Center main UPS. I have asked Cisco if I can safely moved them from the 110 to the 208. The answer is not because the switches only come with one option of 110V PSU. On the other hand the documentation on the same switches says that the ratin is 100V-240V ac 50/60hz. So the question is who do I listen to? I checked the documentation on those switches and found the same 100/240V. One thiks well 208 falls in the range why not? Cisco Account Exec and a SE says no. Needs help in claryfing the issue. Thanks. E.Diaz.

1 Reply 1

Bradley Littlejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The switch will auto-detect the voltage. You are fine by plugging it into 220. There is nothing that needs to be done by the end user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card