cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express estimated waiting time in queue

jose_gomez
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ipcc express 4.0 and my customer wants the callers to hear a prompt saying the estimated waiting time in the queue.

Is that possible with this solution? maybe dealing with the scripts.

Any idea?

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Jose,

You can do the process that you like through the IPCC Express Scripts.

You have to use the 'Get Reporting Statistic' step under 'IPCC Express' in script editor and choose the statistic that you desire, in your case you have to select 'Report Object' -> 'CSQ IPCC Express' and afte, select 'Field' -> 'Expected Wait Time', stores that value in a variable a create as prompt to read the value.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Jose,

You can do the process that you like through the IPCC Express Scripts.

You have to use the 'Get Reporting Statistic' step under 'IPCC Express' in script editor and choose the statistic that you desire, in your case you have to select 'Report Object' -> 'CSQ IPCC Express' and afte, select 'Field' -> 'Expected Wait Time', stores that value in a variable a create as prompt to read the value.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

It makes sense, I will try that, I am not an script expert but I think I can get it,

Gracias Juan Luis,

Jose

The value returned is in seconds, so you may want to round it to a whole number of minutes, rather than play a potentially inaccurate number of seconds. (e.g. 2 minutes rather than 117 seconds).

Also, it is suggested that the estimated wait time (and position in queue) only be placed once when the call is first queued in case higher priority calls or RONA calls enter the queue and increase the wait time.

Please rate useful posts.