Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet - PI21AG PCI Adaptor - No Computer Auth before user login

lmslattery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running PEAP-MSCHAPv2 , all Clients are Windows Xp SP2 on an AD domain and all clients have wireless configuration assigned via Group Policy.

All machines except for 10 machines running the PI21AG PCI WLAN adaptors are able to authenticate using their computer account to the WLAN , allow login scripts , policy assignment etc to function prior to the use logging into windows. If you log in with a cached domain account , the machine will associate to the WLAN using the user account after login however scripts do not run and users who have not logged in before are unable as the PC has no network connection at the time of user login.

Affected machines have been rebuilt , settings applied manually, different driver versions have been applied, "Always wait for network" has been enabled in Group policy and registry keys have been mdified to extend timeout before policy assingment. Nothing so far has worked.

I am running the latest driver, all clients are using the XP Wireless supplicant and have common configuration. All machine including notebooks using the CB21AG PCMCIA adaptors can successfully authenticate using machine authwntication prior to user login.

I have noticed from looking at my WLC's that during boot and prior to user login that the affected machines probe for association , howver they never enter an authenticated state.

No authentication attempts passed or failed are seen in the RADIUS logs.

Any help or suggestions would be greatfully apprciated.

May Thanks

Leon

2 Replies 2

k.poplitz
Level 3
Level 3

I have a document in relevance to your configuration. See whether it is useful for you and you have followed the procedure explained here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00807917aa.shtml

Thanks for the reply.

As stated I had PEAP conifgired correctly and many clients achieved the functionality that I was after.

The issue was specific to the Cisco PCI WLAN Adaptors , and after many hours on the phone to the TAC it looks like a change in driver version and a re-image of the customers SOE resolved the issue in the end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card