cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip + Sccp

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

hi, i am using CME4.0. Currently my phones are using sccp, is it possible to integrate sip into my voice LAN protocol together with sccp?

I'd like to have x-lite(softphone) connected to CME to call my ip phones. is that possible

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently CME does not support non-cisco phones, but it will at a later time.

The most you can get with a SIP phone today is to use like a dial-peer, however the phone will not register as extension.

The Cisco CIPC, that is SCCP, works fine as softphone.

Hi

I'm also using CME 4.0. Could You give me an example for a dial-peer who is working with a sip-client (x-Lite)?

(Now there ist CME 4.1 available could this solve the problems with sip-client's ?)

thanks a lot

Reto

In fact, the non-cisco phones will register and are supposed to work, it's just that Cisco TAC will not support this config if there are issues.

Configure "voice register pool" with username and password, and "id mac". MAC does not need to be actual one and can be anything.

yes to that, Cisco does not support, but does not mean that it doesnt work. Inorder for xlite to work with CME, configure

voice register global

mode cme

source-address

dialplan-pattern

voice register dn x

number xxxx

voice register pool x

id mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

username xx password xx

codec xxx

It works almost the same way as ephone+ephone-dn, but just different terms

A nitpick:

Codec must be g711 for x-lite, as it doesn't support g.729, and I didn't managed to work with anything else, even using voice class codec.

Hi

thnks all for the support. The XLite softphone works now fine.

Hello,

I have a problem too, because I want to configure a Linksys SPA941 with my CME, I have tried with your method but it's not working

Is There anything to do about Firmware files or configuration Files ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Baptiste

What is not working ?

Does the telephone register ?

How is the linksys configured ?

No, the phone don't register, and I don't see any messages SIP in the output of debug ccsip all.

How is the Linksys Configured ?

Please see my config in attached

Hello,

You also need "number" in voice register pool 1, to associate a DN to this phone.

To see the debug, please enter "term mon" before or after "debug ccsip message".

If you do not see anything, it means your phone is not even trying to register or place calls to CCME address.

Hello,

I have add the "number" command in voice resgister pool, but it's not working

For the debug ccsip message, the term mon is ON, but I can't see nothing when i reload the phone for example

Do I need to create a profile File? And what's about the Firmware file?

I don't have understand this part for non-CISCO SIP Phone

Thanks in advance for your help,

Baptiste

There is no profile, no firmware for non-cisco phones.

When you reload the phone, it should attempt registering. When you make a call, you should see "SIP invite".

Check with "show logging" that debug to terminal has not been disabled. That could be the reason for not seeing debug messages.

Hope this helps, please rate posts using the scrollbox below

No, the terminal has not been disabled.

I have configured a monitoring port on the switch to see what's happened on the Phone Port, and I can see only DHCP communication, and after, there are UDP packets between the phone and the IP 224.168.168.169 (UDP 6061), but there is nothing about registration or SIP message

All the things to configure are on the CME ? There is something to configure on the phone ?

Ok, I assume that from the CCME you can ping the phone. It should register on port 5060, not 6061. Check how the phone is configured.