Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 and ACS 3.3 Integration

waynem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have upgraded from LMS 2.5 to 2.5.1. I have alse re-registered all applications with ACS from the AAA mode setup page. This was successful on both ACS Servers.

My device list under all LMS modules is however empty. If I run a report to check for Devices that are not in ACS then it lists all the devices.

If I change AAA mode to local then I have all my devices back. This seems to indicate a definite problem with ACS integration.

I am sure I am missing something small for this to work.

Can anyone assit?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for ACS integration to work, all devices that are managed by LMS must also be TACACS+ clients of the ACS server into which LMS is integrated. They DO NOT have to actually authenticate to that server, but that ACS must be aware of these devices.

Additionally, if you are assigning NDGs to LMS users, those users need to have access not only to the NDG(s) that contain the devices, but also to the NDG that contains the LMS server itself.

See this thread for more details on how to do an ACS integration. This guide was originally written by one of our TAC guys, and it has helped many users successfully integrate LMS with ACS.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd5a10/0#selected_message