Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

b-acd waiting time for first greeting

Hi, I have installed a b-acd that works ok. But the only thing that I can not manage is the go off time or hook time of b-acd. I mean, when my company receives a call the first greeting time ("en_bacd_welcome.au")is heared after 4 ring tones.

How can I get the greeting time could be heard after 0 or 1 ring tone?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using FXO lines (nor recommended unles ISDN is unavailable), would you post the at least the voice-port configuration, and perhaps the output of debug vpm signal ?

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have FXO ports.

The voice-port configurations is :

voice-port 0/2/2

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

pre-dial-delay 0

compand-type a-law

cptone ES

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

connection plar opx 1313

impedance complex2

description 914372675

caller-id enable

And the output of "debug vpm signal" command is attached.

Hello,

there are few things that are not clear to me.

First of all, it seems the call is originated from an ephone in the same router, and the FXO line is a/b line from a an NT1 that also has BRI link to the router. Is this correct ?

Then, ringing start a 16m 58.5 s. Call is connected at 17m 05.7s. 7 seconds do not look enough time for 4 rings?

Also I see that caller id throws an error, Is caller id working (displayed on phones) ?

Finally it seems that the call is terminated

by supervisory disconnection. Was the call palced to B-ACD? Did you disconnected by hangup the ephone ?

Hello,

First of all, it seems the call is originated from an ephone in the same router, and the FXO line is a/b line from a an NT1 that also has BRI link to the router. Is this correct ? Yes. I am doing a call from ISDN line to FXO port(b-acd) in the same router

Then, ringing start a 16m 58.5 s. Call is connected at 17m 05.7s. 7 seconds do not look enough time for 4 rings? I do it again and since I hear the first tone time until b-acd hooks take 10 secons moreless

Also I see that caller id throws an error, Is caller id working (displayed on phones) ? Caller id is not displayed in "ephone-dn".

Finally it seems that the call is terminated

by supervisory disconnection. Was the call palced to B-ACD? Did you disconnected by hangup the ephone ?Yes, the b-acd take place and after I hang up.

Hi,

I cannot tell you to what the delay is due, but caller-id can be a reason. I would try to deconfigure it, as it seems the router is trying to collect it, but unseccsfully.

Note that the ringback heard on the calling phone is not indicative, as probably it begins 3 or 4 seconds before actual ringing.

I would reccomend that you only use ISDN for telco connections to get the best in terms of speed, quality and features.

Ok, thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: