Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 series AP antennas

Tahir Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I wanted to ask whether AIRANT-24120 or other high gain bridge antennas can be used to provide Access point capabilities with 1300 series AP.

My scenario is that, that i wanted to give roaming services to my WIFI clients in approx 15km range. But the data sheets suggests that these antennas can be used for point to point or point to mulipoint bridge scenarios not with the Access point role. In short i was hoping to use AIRANT-24120 with one 1300 series AP to provide AP capabilities with long range.

Please guide me in this regard or suggest me any other solution.

3 Replies 3

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you can use the high gain omni to provide AP functionality with a 1310. BUT you won't ever get a client to connect from 15 or even 1KM away UNLESS the client has a similar high gain antenna. Don't forget that the client must have the range to reach the AP as well as the AP having the range to reach the client!

Thanks for clearing the concept, but one more question :)...so what can be the solution to connect a distant client several kilometeres away from my root ( any cisco product u can suggest ?) What i have in my mind is that i connect, two 1300s through omnis and use a bridge mode. and since bridge mode supports clients association this could solve my problem? correct me if i am wrong..

You can use the 1300s in the way you say as they can support client associations as well as acting as bridges but the maximum 1300 to client range will be about 200m max. Exact range depends on the environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card