Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(2.0) backup for TSP upgrade

roy_fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to upgrade our TSP version, but cannot find a rollback option if it all goes wrong. (Yes I know it shouldn't.)

In my old MS world we'd shut services / apps down and do a one off local backup (with tape drive.) so we could recover quite quickly.

What options do I have for our Unity server ? - I believe Dirt only backs up the data - which would not recover changes such as TSP upgrades.

Thanks inadvance for your advice.

Ta,

Roy

5 Replies 5

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Roy,

You are right, Dirt only backups the data, and if the TSP upgrade goes wrong, you just need to install another version, just make sure that the version that you are installing is compatible with your Unity and CCM versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_device_support_table09186a0080531eb8.html

My advised will be to have to different versions of TSP in case the anything goes wrong with the version that you have ;)

Or you can use any of the supported third party agents in order to backup the whole server (like disaster recovery with NetBackup), but check the capability towards Unity before installing non Cisco software.

Hello,

I have lots to choose from 7.0(3b)all the way upto 8.1(2) !!! Best start downloading.

Thanks,

Roy

Hey Roy,

you just need a couple of them, and please check the compatibility prior to the upgrade.

As we are running Unity 4.0(2.0) and CM 4.1(3)sr1

I have downloaded 8.0(1) and 8.1(3)as I expected there's more to gain than just upgrading to a 7.x release.

Still quite paranoid about rollback though, looked in add/remove programs at our current TSP is not listed !

Fingers crossed !

Hey Roy,

Do not worry, if something pop up; you just need to downgrade the version ;)

Good luck!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: