Views
Helpful
Replies

Generate inventory reports on LMS 2.6

b.hofmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to get reports every 3 month which gives me all hardware with serial number and all software with versions. If possible i need also a report which gives me the difference to the last report, so i can see, what is new and what is not more available. Is it possible to get such a report out of the box, or must i write scripts which generate such a report.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Custom reports are created in the browser under RME > Reports > Custom Report Templates. The reports can then be run via the web or from CLI using the "cwcli invreport" command. Consult the context-sensitive online help within the RME Custom Reports pages for more details.

The Change Audit reports can also be run through the web from RME > Reports > Report Generator.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can build an inventory custom report that can run every three months, and show you serial numbers and software versions. For example, the following custom report template ruleset should work for you:

Chassis:Chassis Serial Number:equals:All

AND:Image:Image Version:equals:All

As for changes, you can use the Change Audit reports to get a list of changes to your inventory.

Thank you for the information, but where can i do this. Must i write a script, or is it possible to do this in the browser? Is there a document available where i can find this informations?

Custom reports are created in the browser under RME > Reports > Custom Report Templates. The reports can then be run via the web or from CLI using the "cwcli invreport" command. Consult the context-sensitive online help within the RME Custom Reports pages for more details.

The Change Audit reports can also be run through the web from RME > Reports > Report Generator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: