cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the 'network key' tab

phil.greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me where the network key tab is on the Aironet client utility?

4 Replies 4

Mr. Bash
Level 1
Level 1

After you go to "security", select WEP as the encryption method and then click on "configure". Is that what you mean?

Thanks, no it wasn't, but I have recently been told you enter this when you connect up to the AP. Unfortanatly I still can't connect to this yet as there seems to be a problem with my adapter getting associated. Thanks anyway for replying. Have a nice day.Phil

Make sure your adapter is enabled. Also make sure your MAC address is not in the deny access list.

Kunal Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil,

Here what you need to do on Cisco AP to configure Network key / WEP key.

On AP:

####################

Through Gui kindly go to Security> Encryption manager..there select WEP key radio button and select Mandatory from drop down box.

You will see four transmit key coloumn

select Transmit key coloumn and configure WEP key ( for 128 bit encryption ) You need to have 26 character key length.

Once key is configure click on Apply Tab. Then click on Ok to warning message.

On client :

#######################

You need to create profile with any name .

Configure SSID.

Under security select WEP and configure Key under Transmit Key one coloumn.

Note :

#############3

Best practise to configure wep key is to type in key on notepad first and then copy and paste it from there to both AP and Cleint. This avoid typing error and character missing.

On AP WEP key is always configured under Transmit key one. ie First slot

WEP key On cisco AP are hexadecimal ie

0-9 and A-F ..so you can use only these character while creating key.

Alway connect cleint first in open mode is with out any security if connection is sucessful then only configure wep on both end.(ie One steps at a time )

Thanks,

Kunal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card