CRA 3.5(3) Restore issue

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2007

Hi,

I am trying to restore CRA 3.5(3) in a new server. I installed as a new installation and use BARS to restore the data. All went well but the engine is complainning something like some DSN is not reachalbe. I checked and found out that the "User DSN" is missing. So I configured the User DSN as the original but the original use a different database other than the default db_cra. So I changed to the default db_cra. Then the database subsystem went in-service and all looked ok.

My question is, is that alright? Why the document didn't say we need to add the User DSN.

After that I tried to upgrade to 4.0(4) but failed. I am wondering if my restore went ok.

The issue I had is when the BARS asked me to fix the "System DSN" on the IPCC server, I went to the server and find that all the "System DSN" originally in 3.5(3) wasn't there, there were 10 of them in 3.5(3).

Does BARS mean "User DSN"? Do I have to configure all 10 System DSN that were in 3.5(3)???

BTW, is there a way to see how the DSN was configured in 3.5(3)???

Ideas??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwalchez Wed, 02/14/2007 - 11:41

You need to verify that backup of DSN was successful by checking the backup logs.

Actions

This Discussion