Line Configuration

Directory Number: 125

Call Forward Pickup Settings

Forward No Answer Internal: Voicemail

Forward No Answer External: Voicemail

No Answer Ring Duration: 30 Seconds

-------------------------------------

Symptoms:

Placing a call to 125 from an internal Cisco IP Phone or calling POTS line connect to FXO (plar to 125) results in the following:

Ring for 30 seconds

call forwarded to Call Handler

call handler Hangup the call

caller receives a fast busy

Why does the call receive a fast busy? Normally that would not be an issue, because the caller would simply hangup when hearing the fast busy..

However, in this application, the plar FXO is connected to the Valcom front door bell button/speaker.. The person who pressed the front door bell button hears 30 seconds of ringing (expected) and then begins to hear the fast busy.. He/She cannot hangup the front door bell button

Does anyone know how do correct this behavior, or reduce the fast busy to 5 seconds or less?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sat, 02/10/2007 - 08:40

Hi Rob,

I have never tried the "Door Bell/Speaker" setup with Valcom, but I thought this was a very interesting question :) My guess here is that you are running into a "Disconnect Supervision" issue on the FXO. You need to try and determine what method of disconnect the Unity is using (my first thought would be Tone disconnect) Once the method has been determined, you can configure the FXO appropriately. Have a look;

FXO Disconnect Supervision

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5013/products_feature_guide09186a0080080e48.html#wp7602

Hope this helps! I know it doesn't answer your question completely but maybe it will head you in the right direction.

Rob

nockor01 Sat, 02/10/2007 - 17:47

Thank you for the insight, and the link..

I will give that a try and let you know how it works out..

Rob

CCIE #15410

Actions

This Discussion