MAR3200: access to the WMIC

Answered Question
Feb 9th, 2007

Hi,

I am setting-up a MAR3200 (C3230ENC - 2WMICE - K9 V01 / Version 12.4(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)). I can access to the router through Telnet and the CLI, but I did not find the way to access to the WMIC for configuration (ssid...). Can anybody provide an indication?

Thanks by advance

Best Regards,

Alain-Claude

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by srahn about 9 years 7 months ago

Hello:

The MAR enclusre has a serial console interface for each WMIC. These are normally across the top and labeled per WMIC, i.e. WMIC1, WMIC2. Console into that inteface like you would the MARC, and configure it just like a 1200 AP. WMIC 1 should be hardwired into F0/0 inside the enclosure. WMIC 2 is generally connected to F2/3 on the FESMIC. If you're using a WMIC to uplink to a 1500 Series Mesh solution or any other non-Cisco AP, review the universal workgroup bridge solution as detailed in the Enterprise Mobility 3.0 SRND. Also note that the 'mobile station' command when used on a radio interface causes throughput challenges (caveat) if the MAR isn't uplinking to another MAR or IOS AP.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
srahn Fri, 02/09/2007 - 10:03

Hello:

The MAR enclusre has a serial console interface for each WMIC. These are normally across the top and labeled per WMIC, i.e. WMIC1, WMIC2. Console into that inteface like you would the MARC, and configure it just like a 1200 AP. WMIC 1 should be hardwired into F0/0 inside the enclosure. WMIC 2 is generally connected to F2/3 on the FESMIC. If you're using a WMIC to uplink to a 1500 Series Mesh solution or any other non-Cisco AP, review the universal workgroup bridge solution as detailed in the Enterprise Mobility 3.0 SRND. Also note that the 'mobile station' command when used on a radio interface causes throughput challenges (caveat) if the MAR isn't uplinking to another MAR or IOS AP.

martec_acbarcelo Mon, 02/12/2007 - 01:26

Hi Shawn,

I think I have to update my glasses. The Db9 connectors are actually on the top panel and it is easier to access to the WMIC when using it. Maybe I was too obsessed by the internal wiring capabilities of the MAR3200.

Thanks and Regards,

Alain-Claude

Actions

This Discussion