Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX ver.7 Multicast problem

am-younis
Level 1
Level 1

as shoown in the attached file diagram

we have multicast Application servers in inside all users in Lan1 & lan2 can connect to the multicast server i need to enable multicast on dmz & outside interface on pix

what is the correct configuration you recommented

note, when i tried to debug & add access list for multicast groups and capture interfaces

the result :

inside

* packet cap

* packet shown

dmz

*DmzIpAddress > muticast group ip-protocol-2 lenght 8

*User1Address > muticast group ip-protocol-2 lenght 8

i did not know this mean that their is a problem in pim not igmp or where is the problem

1 Reply 1

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

It would definatly help to see what you have for configs but I'll try to ask a few questions.

First off which version of 7.x are you running. Secondy are you running pim in densemode or sparsemode on your layer 3 switch.

If your running sparse-mode is its sparse-dense or just sparse if you running sparse dense are you running a Rendevouz Point on your layer three switch.

Things you need to configure on your PIX. If your running an RP you need to configure your PIX with the RP address. Secondayly you need to enable pim on your DMZ and Inside interfaces. Third depending on how your rules are setup you need to create rules on your DMZ to allow the PIM requests into the DMZ interfac.

Useful commands on the PIX include

show mroute

show pim interface

show pim neighbors

show pim traffic

Useful commands on your L3 switch if Cisco.

Show ip mroute

show ip pim neighbors

show ip mroute traffic

If you could post the results of these show commands we can help a little more.

Patrick

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card