BSCI 642-901

Answered Question
Feb 10th, 2007

Hi

I am planning to take the new BSCI exam and I had questions about what type of hardware I should use. I noticed on some the discussion boards people are recommending the ISR routers. I have currently at my disposal:

Routers

1 2651

2 2501

2 2521

1 1600

Switch

1 3524

Will this be satisfactory?

Thanks

Amin

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by CSCO10892433 about 9 years 7 months ago

Hi, amohammed

I think these routers are good enough for preparation of BSCI exam. Make sure you max out the mem/flash for each router so that they can run latest IOS which support every routing protocol and ipv6 covered on this exam.

As for the ISR router, you will need it at the ISCW exam. This new exam cover some new features ( like SDM, IPS, CBAC, etc) which is more likely supported by new released router. I would like to suggest perchasing 2 set of 3640 routers with flash/mem 32/128 and loaded with 12.4-enterprise-plus ios. Compared to the ISR routers, which at least cost $500 each, you can get one 3640 on ebay with no more than $300. It can support almost all features covered by the new CCNP exam. (I said "almost", because I have not tested VOIP feature on it which required further hardware.)

HTH

SSLIN

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
CSCO10892433 Tue, 02/13/2007 - 03:10

Hi, amohammed

I think these routers are good enough for preparation of BSCI exam. Make sure you max out the mem/flash for each router so that they can run latest IOS which support every routing protocol and ipv6 covered on this exam.

As for the ISR router, you will need it at the ISCW exam. This new exam cover some new features ( like SDM, IPS, CBAC, etc) which is more likely supported by new released router. I would like to suggest perchasing 2 set of 3640 routers with flash/mem 32/128 and loaded with 12.4-enterprise-plus ios. Compared to the ISR routers, which at least cost $500 each, you can get one 3640 on ebay with no more than $300. It can support almost all features covered by the new CCNP exam. (I said "almost", because I have not tested VOIP feature on it which required further hardware.)

HTH

SSLIN

Actions

This Discussion