Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging NetBEUI over a GRE link

TBBleTBBle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm trying to get a GRE-over-IPSec-over-DSL link to bridge NetBEUI, but I can't seem to find a way to do so. I had a suggestion earlier regarding bridge commands, but I can't seem to find them on the boxen (it involved the SSAP and DSAP).

I'm using Cisco 837s and an 831.

I today came across a suggestion to use L2TPv3 instead, if that's the way to go I'll have to reconfigure these routers to do so, but L2TP isn't listed on the product page as a supported protocol.

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco 3845 Integrated Services Router also offers Network Appliance, Inc. the option of using GRE VPN and GRE over IPSec VPN capabilities to back up its core networks. The three main data centers in Hoofddorp, Sunnyvale, and Raleigh are backed up by a VPN through ISP-provided DS3 circuits. Field offices have a direct WAN connection as well as an ISP connection; if the WAN link goes down, traffic can still get out over the ISP link and be routed through the main hub sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card