Views
Helpful
Replies

Address Pool ins easy vpn server

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I?ve a 1721 cisco router with one adsl wic card.

This router provides me internet conection and nat(dmz servers).

Now, I need to implement with this router an easy vpn server to provide vpn conection to clients who use cisco vpn client 4.8 software.

I follow step by step the instructions to enable the server but, when the wizar tells me about an address pool...I do not know.

The router has 2 fastethernet addresses, 192.168.156.253 and 192.168.158.253(secondary).

My lan works whith 192.168.156.x address.

what will be the address pool?

Best regards

heze54

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edgar,

Configure the address pool as something different from those two networks, as I stated in my previous post.

ip local pool vpnpool 192.168.3.1 192.168.3.254

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gilbert\

Rate this post!

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EzVPN can be done in two different ways.

a. Client mode

b. Network Extension Mode

In Client Mode you assign an IP address to the Easy VPN client from the EasyVPN server. So, all the internal network on the client side gets sent over through the tunnel on that IP address through PAT to the head end side.

In Network Extension mode, your local network on the client will be used instead of assigning an address from the server.

So, let me know which mode you are trying to use.

Client Mode or Network Extension mode.

As I told you.. I'm a beginner.

I'd need that the client who uses vpn client 4.8 software could browse into his/her lan and assing an ip addres of my internal range to connect to a printer..or server...but limit using IOS firewall only to a specific server o printer.

Hi,

ummmm... ummm.

I used a vpn client 4.8 softwa to connect to a cisco router running configured with easy vpn server.

Then what will be the best option? Is the first time I configure easy vpn server because of this I'm so lost... xDDD

What you are trying to do is not EzVPN. Its just a VPN client connecting to an IOS headend device.

Please REad the link given below and you will be able to accomplish what you are trying to do.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/ios-unity.html

Let me know.

- Gilbert

Rate it, if it helps.

Hi,

Thks for the link.. is wonderfull.

One question,

Following this link/manual, the router's ip address is 14.38.100.201 and the lan address is 14.38.0.0/16.The address pool is 14.1.1.100 14.1.1.200.

Then When a remote client connects and the system gives a ip address from the pool this ip address can not connect to the internal lan or yes?

Best regards

Good question:

When the client connects to the router, there is an IPSec SA table that is created to the client address that has been assigned to the router.

In most scenarios, it is recommended to have the IP pool different from the LAN network of the router.

To answer your question, yes it will work.

Cheers

Gilbert

Rate it, if this helps!!

Hi,

then..resuming..

When a teleworker who uses adsl connectio at home and uses a vpn client software to connect to my lan connects the software... the router assignes a ip from the pool.

My router ip addres is 192.168.156.253 primary and 192.168.158.253 secondary.

If the client needs to conect only to a lan/local machine which uses an 192.168.156.x ip address.

what will be the correct adress pool or another configuration to run properly?

Best regards and thks for you time explaning me

Hi, Please go back to the document that I sent to you.

It does provide you the necessary information needed.

You can configure an IP pool in the range 192.168.3.1 - 192.168.3.254

or use any of the RFC 1918 address ranges apart from the one used in your internal network.

If you want, please send me your config and I will try my best to let you know what are the commands needed to get this working.

Rate this topic, if the answers helped you out.

Thanks

Gilbert

Hi,

My fastethernet0 interface has two ip address,

192.168.156.0 and 192.168.158.0 like secondary.

Lan machines have 192.168.156.0/24 ip addresses and, remote customers, at their home using remote vpn 6.8 software need to connect to an only server which has 192.168.156.11 ip adress.

Then... how can I configure the router/ip pool?

best regards

Edgar,

Configure the address pool as something different from those two networks, as I stated in my previous post.

ip local pool vpnpool 192.168.3.1 192.168.3.254

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gilbert\

Rate this post!

Hi,

It's wonderfull... it works really fine.

I've used 192.168.150.1-10 ip range to ip pool configuration.

But although...the *.pcf file has this parameter EnableLocalLAN=1, when I connect using vnpclient, the computer disconnects from its lan.

Is possible to connect to the remote vpn and have local lan connection?

Edgar,

Glad to know that you got it to work.

If you want to access the Local LAN when connected with the VPN client, you need to do make sure that split tunneling is enabled on the Router.

This will allow you to pass traffic to the internet and also to your local LAN while you are connected through your VPN client.

Hope this helps.

Rate this post.

Regards,

Gilbert

Note: If you want to know how to create the split tunneling ACL, send me the config of the router.

Hi,

Tomorrow I'll try and if it works.. I'll tell you.

Thks for fast responding...

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: