cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM DST 2007 Update Only Needs Installed on Publisher?

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

In reading the release notes for the DST 2007 Update (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1-readme.htm&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A) it says "Step 4: The Publisher will be rebooted at the completion of install. After the Publisher is back up, each server in the cluster must be rebooted in a sequential fashion, starting with the TFTP server and backup CCM Servers.". Just to be clear, you do NOT need to install the update on any Subscriber, TFTP server...etc, just reboot them after it has been installed on the Publisher? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to do the OS update on all the servers, and the 4.1(3) SR on all the servers, and upgrade the phoneload/firmware to a fixed version for some 7900 series phones (java based ones - ie: 7941/61/70/71, etc). See the DST field notice for the Unified IP Phones for details.

Then when you have all above updated, etc do the CCM DST patch on publisher. The readme for the CCM DST patch does explain this in good depth as to what order things need to be done in.

Main DST page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00807ca437.shtml

IP Phone Field Notice for DST:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_field_notice09186a00807d3d9e.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

That's right. I asked TAC about this also. The update does a database update only, so SQL replication will pass the changes to the subscriber servers.

I also asked that they update the document to make this more clear also, since I had 3-4 clients ask this question.

Thanks for the quick response!

What about the Windows 2000 portion of the patch then? I'm installing win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-4a, win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-4a-sr3a, then upgrading CCM to 4.1(3)SR4d and installing 4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe on the Publisher. Is that everything I need to do to update my Publisher and Subscribers for DST 2007? I'm currrently running OS Image 2000.2.7 and OS Service Release 2000.2.7sr3. Thanks!

You need to do the OS update on all the servers, and the 4.1(3) SR on all the servers, and upgrade the phoneload/firmware to a fixed version for some 7900 series phones (java based ones - ie: 7941/61/70/71, etc). See the DST field notice for the Unified IP Phones for details.

Then when you have all above updated, etc do the CCM DST patch on publisher. The readme for the CCM DST patch does explain this in good depth as to what order things need to be done in.

Main DST page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00807ca437.shtml

IP Phone Field Notice for DST:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_field_notice09186a00807d3d9e.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks a million for the quick, detailed replies! I'm in the middle of the upgrade as we speak/type!

Just a quick overview and update for anyone that maybe looking into updating their CCM. It took me about 1 1/2 hours per server to install all the updates. That includes the reboots. It was 7 or 8 reboots per server. Here's an overview of what I went from and what I went to:

Before

OS release 2000.2.7sr3

CCM Version 4.1(3)sr1

After

OS release 2000.4.4a.sr3a

CCM Version 4.1(3)sr4d

Additional Updates

7940 & 7960 SCCP 8.0.5

7970 & 7971?s SCCP 8.0.4sr2

4.1(3) 2007 DST Update 1.0.1

After the updates I used Microsoft's TZEDIT just to verify the Time Zone was edited. Good luck to anyone looking to do this!

I was fortunate and things went extremely smooth. Only came across 1 issue. We have 3 phones that the people had set to Call Forward All and after the updates they couldn't take off the CFWD All. I checked in CCM and there was no CFWD All number listed, but it was still forwarding. I had to put a number in the CFWD All box, update it, then remove the number and the phones began to then ring again and take calls. I submitted this "bug" to TAC.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting back with your updates.5 points from this end:)

Take care,

Rob

Hi Mike,

For some reason, I can't get the 7960 to work. Is there anything I'm missing? Does it take a while for the 7940/60's to sync up with the server?

I set it up in the lab and roll the time to March 11, 2007 1:58AM on the one callmanager server (no subscriber). When it hits 2AM, the callmanager server and the 7941/61/70/71 phones all correctly jump to 3AM. However, the 7960 is stuck at 2AM unless I restart it.

I did the following in this order:

updated the OS to OS4.3a(sr8)

updated callmanager 4.1(3) service release to to version 4.1(3)sr4d

updated 7941/61/70/71 phone loads to sccp 8.0.4sr2.

updated 7940/60 phone load was update to sccp8.0.5.

Did you also install the 4.1(3) 2007 DST Update 1.0.1 patch?

I'm testing the roll over in my lab now.

Hi Van,

We saw the same thing in our lab tests. The older phone models 7940/7960 etc. take a little while to aquire the new time. If you leave them alone they will eventually pick up the correct time (DST Test). Like you have discovered, you can always boot the phones to speed up the process.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I just tested this on a 7940 and a 7960. Even without the DST issue, I waited 5 minutes or more and the time wasn't updating on my phones. But a few seconds after placing a call to or from the phone, the time would update. I don't think this is a DST issue at all.

Did TAC acknowledge the bug and open a bug id for the CFwdALL issue. We are a heavy CFwdALL shop for our Road Warrior employees and your post has me very apprehensive about applying the patch until TAC acknowledges it and comes back with a revision. Thanks

The TAC Engineer I worked with acknowledge that he would pass along the bug I ran into, but I wasn't given any bug number.

If you have any 7970's or 7971's you will want to watch going to 4.1(3)sr4d. Check out this post: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddd91f7

I'm actually going to update to ES94 now because of that.

Hi Mike ! you have mentioned additional update for 7960 & 7940 SCCP 8.0.5. Is this a separate patch that you apply after you upgraded to 4.1.3 ? I am looking into upgrading my cluster from 4.0.2a to 4.1.3. Any help / advice is highly appreciated !!

p.s. most of my phones are 7960s and 7940s

Thanks !!!

Danny

I think the phone load included in 4.1(3)sr4d is 8.0.4. 8.0.5 is the latest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: