NVRAM config error message

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2007

Hello guys,

I'm seeing this message when i do a show log on 3 of 5 2950 switches.

%SYS-4-CONFIG_NV_OVERRUN: Non config data present at the end of nvram is corrupted

I was wondering if there is something i should be concerned with?

I also checked the startup config and it looks fine according to company policies.

The version is: Version 12.1(13)EA1b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

All 5 switches has the same IOS versions.

thx

Kim

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ankbhasi Sun, 02/11/2007 - 12:47

Hi Kim,

Here is the description of the message you saw in the logs:

%SYS-4-CONFIG_NV_OVERRUN: Non config data present at the end of nvram is corrupted

The software detected that the configuration saved into NVRAM has overlaid a part of the NVRAM occupied by nonconfiguration data files. Typically these files are used by SNMP to store and retrieve nonconfiguration persistent data acro ss system reload.

Recommended Action: Compress the configuration and store or copy to Flash memory, as appropriate.

To compress startup configuration files, use the 'service compress-config' global configuration command. To disable compression, use the no form of this command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a00801eb2e7.html

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

glen.grant Sun, 02/11/2007 - 16:00

Might try upgradeing to the latest code . Also if you are not using the browser management function you can safely delete the html directory out of nvram and this will free up a fair amount of space.

Actions

This Discussion