cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping host from router.

gsheppar1414
Level 1
Level 1

I set up my cisco 2514 router today and connected a pc to the Ethernet (AUI) port. I am able to ping my router from this computer however I am not able to ping to the computer from the router. What is the problem?

Ethernet1 is up, ling protodol is up.

I have tried static and DHCP ip's and it does not seem to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

albert.remo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Good Day!

What operating system are you using? We have experienced several instances that when using WindowsXP, ICMP echo is not allowed by the internal firewall of the OS. Try temporarily disabling the firewall or go to Windows Firewall/advance setting and allow ICMP echo.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Albert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

albert.remo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Good Day!

What operating system are you using? We have experienced several instances that when using WindowsXP, ICMP echo is not allowed by the internal firewall of the OS. Try temporarily disabling the firewall or go to Windows Firewall/advance setting and allow ICMP echo.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Albert

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

If you firewall is disabled in your pc then do post your config of your router and also the output of show ip arp taken from your router..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card