CCIP: BGP & MPLS

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2007

what will be the good way to take CCIP certification exams?

should i take seperate exam of BGP and MPLS?

or should i go for Composite 642-691 Exam?

actually i am little bit confuse about to start working on MPLS exam... so not able to determin the properly...

please help me for the exam preperation...

i am thinking to have composite exam... still i wanted to have opinion from experts...

regards

Devang

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ryancantor Mon, 02/12/2007 - 06:47

Well, I can't comment on everything because I have yet to take the MPLS exam myself but from what I went through with BGP, I would suggest taking the two exams separately. I've discussed this subject with others and the general consensus is that BGP or QOS is good take first (assuming you already passed Routing).

I passed the BGP exam my first try with a score of 880, which was a little lower than most of my previous test scores, but I did find it to be very challenging. The sims to me were a little more difficult and detailed then I remembered other tests.

devang_etcom Mon, 02/12/2007 - 08:50

hi,

thanks for your comment... but will you tell me how did you preper for the BGP(material)?

and how was the exam questions?

and how about the simulator... how many number of simulator you had in exam and hows those?

please help me i am planning to take BGP in next 10 days...

regards

Devang

ryancantor Mon, 02/12/2007 - 12:09

I read Cisco Press Internet Routing Architectures 2nd Edition by Sam Halabi and I also went through one of the Knowledge Net self study courses. That and some hands on experience of course. It took me about a month from start to finish studying probably every other day with some harder studying towards the end.

As for the test, the exam outline on this website is pretty straightfoward as to what you will get. Expect questions on every topic they detail. As the website says:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-661.html

You'll get 50-60 questions with 90 minutes to complete. It took me all but 4 minutes to complete the test but I had a little trouble with the first simulator.

devang_etcom Mon, 02/12/2007 - 12:38

will you please explain some on the simulator...? so i can make my own lab scenario and work on it...

regards

Devang

tperrier Tue, 02/13/2007 - 00:35

That would be a breach of the NDA he signed. The sims can be about any subject on the blueprint. But if you think about it, you really don't need to know more about them.

devang_etcom Tue, 02/13/2007 - 06:23

yes i know that.... but i am talking about in general...

my intention is not that...

regards

Devang

ryancantor Tue, 02/13/2007 - 07:43

I'm sorry, as the previous poster stated, I can't tell you what I had on the simulators. Dealing with BGP though, you can pretty much expect that you'll be required to configure, design, troubleshoot BGP. No topics related to BGP are off limits.

devang_etcom Tue, 02/13/2007 - 07:48

yes, thats true, i am agree with you...

anyway thank you very much for your help... so what are your planning for further exam?

which exam sequence are you following?

all the best...

thanks and regards

Devang

Actions

This Discussion