cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade analysis and cisco.com requirements

Plutakhin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Why does CiscoWorks Upgrade analysis differ from cisco .com requirements for the same Cisco IOS?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you run the upgrade analysis? Did you use Cisco.com or your repository? I just imported this image into my local repo, and ran an upgrade analysis, and I see the correct RAM and Flash values.

Then I did an upgrade analysis from Cisco.com, and that worked as well. If you are running your report against your local repository, you may have a bad import. You can try removing and re-importing the image, or adjust the image options by clicking on the image name in your repository browser.

I use repository. Where can I get Image Attributes for IOS? Can CiscoWorks get it automatically?

Attach for upper post.

The image attributes are those same values you see in your earlier Cisco.com screenshot. Those values should be obtained automatically, but it looks like there may have been a problem with your import. Try removing the image from your repository, then import it again. You should get the attributes then. It worked for me.

Alternatively, for this particular image, you know them to be 64 MB of Flash and 128 MB of RAM, so you could update the attributes manually.

So does CiscoWorks get attributes from cisco.com? Can CiscoWorks get attributes without internet connection? I import that image from my network.

RME pulls image attributes from Cisco.com at the time of image import only if the image is imported from Cisco.com. If it is not, then you must adjust the image attributes manually.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: