Views
Helpful
Replies

Called party number contains number prefix when forwarded to PSTN

rickyhadlocon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just deployed two CallManager servers running 4.1(3)-sr3c and used a Cisco 3845 as my H.323 gateway. On my route patterns for local, national and international calls I put a prefix digits of 21, 22 and 27 respectively. Also, on the voice gateway I created 3 dial-peer voice pots with destination pattern of 21, 22 and 27 for each of the dial peer. Every things are working fine it's just when user dial a local number (e.g. 55551234) and the call is connected the prefix 21 is displayed together with the number dialed on the phone's LCD (e.g 2155551234). This is the same for national and international calls.

Do you know what to stripped the prefix digits so that the users are not confused with the numbers showing in their phones?

Thank you,

Ricky

1 Reply 1

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not in the lab so can't test this but I think that this can be done by using digit stripping at the route pattern level.

For example with local calls

Enter you route pattern as 21.55551234

set digit discard to "predot".

Then on your route list, insert a prefix of 21 to restore the digits sent to the gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: