cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing problem or not?

bradlesliect
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect Site A to a host on C. This both connect to my network which is site B

There is a route from Site B to site C but when I do a 'show ip route' for that particular host from Site A, I get "% Network not in table"

When I do a traceroute to host from Site A, it dies on the interface that Site A connects to on Site B. When I do 'show ip route' for the host(Site C), it knows how to get there.

Coincidently, both sites A and C are connected to the same router on site B.

What other information can I give you to help me solve this problem?

5 Replies 5

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

HI ,

Yes it is routing issue.

Just give the following ip route on site A.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Hope this resolves your problem.

Another solution.

Add the routes to site B and site C on site A router.You need to add two routes on site A router.One is for Site B and other one is for site C' lan range.

If you add default route on site A , no need to add two routes mentioned in second step.

Thanks,

satish

I already have a default route statement on A pointing down the serial interface to site B.

A show ip route of the host I'm trying to connect to at Site C, shows me that this router knows how to get to the host at Site C.

When I do show ip route (Host IP on Site C), I get '% Network not in table'. Should the default route 'ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0' not take care of this?

What am I missing / not seeing?

Hi Brad

Does site C know how to route back to Site A ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

According the the administrator they do. I dont have access to site C router or their firewall. Will need to pose the necessary questions tomorrow.

What else do I need to ask?

Hi Brad

Is the firewall in the path of the traffic from site A to site C. If so they will need to confirm they are allowing icmp through to hosts in Site C.

If not they need to confirm they have a route back to Site A's subnets or at least the IP address range you are using at Site A.

HTH

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco