7914 labels

Unanswered Question

Is there a way to label the 7914 side cars? I currently have the extension only on the lines, but the client would like the users name. I know you can label the ephone-dn, but isn't that going to change the display on the end users phone as well. Would I need to label every ephone-dn with their name and leave it at that or can I have the extension on the user phone and the name on the sidecar?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Mon, 02/12/2007 - 06:26

Hi Chris,

Have you tried applying Labels (Text Name) as suggested below? This will not impact the End-user Display.

Label Support

The label support feature controls the display adjacent to an ephone-dn line button. By default, an IP phone displays the extension number that is set using the number command under an ephone-dn. The label support feature allows you to enter a meaningful text string for each ephone-dn so that a phone user with multiple lines can select a line by name instead of by phone number, thus eliminating the need to consult in-house phone directories.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. ephone-dn dn-tag

2. label label-string

3. exit

4. ephone phone-tag

5. restart

6. exit

label label-string

Example: Router(config-ephone-dn)# label user1

Creates a custom label that is displayed on the phone next to the line button that is associated with this ephone-dn. The custom label replaces the default label, which is the number that was assigned to this ephone-dn.

label-string String of up to 30 alphanumeric characters that provides the label text.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad7ff.html#wp2177784

Hope this helps!

Rob

rob.huffman Mon, 02/12/2007 - 07:06

Hi Chris,

My BAD! I was referring to to Outgoing CLID Display from these phones :( I am pretty sure that you are correct that the Label will apply to all appearances of the ephone-dn. I believe this is "all or nothing".

Hope this helps!

Rob

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 02/12/2007 - 08:16

Perhaps the idea is that the extension number is displayed on top unless you change it with "description". And the labels is meant to a internal short alpha id, like email name.

Actions

This Discussion