cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Calls 79XX

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7961 phone I want to use for our Receptionist. My problem is that any extention number I put on her 7914 will leave a missed call count on every phone on the 7914. This will drive her crazy. How can I remove this?

6 Replies 6

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK, this is WAD and there is no way to disable Missed Calls from being displayed. However since you are using 7961, it would show the Missed call for each DN unlike a 7960/40.

My point exactly. Which makes it worse as theowner WILL NOT want the recept to see whom calls him.

Ignore my previous post. Sorry.

Privacy would only enable or disable the capability of users with phones that share the same line (DN) to view call status and to barge the call.

As of now I dont think there is a solution to your issue.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phillip,

This is a question that all of us have pondered at one time or another. It must be stressed that the balance between Privacy and Call coverage is tough with all CCM until CCM 5.X

Unfortunately when you use Shared Lines with CCM this is expected behaviour :( This is one of the biggest drawbacks of using Shared Lines (all call details are passed along with each call).On CCM the feature you want BLF (Busy Lamp Field)is not available until CCM 5.0(1). This is a feature that has been much requested on releases leading up to 5.0 Have a look at the following link. Here is an excerpt;

When you configure Presence in Cisco CallManager Administration, an interested party, known as a watcher, can monitor the real-time status of a directory number or SIP URI, a presence entity, from the device of the watcher.

A watcher can monitor the status of the presence entity (also called presentity) with the following options:

BLF/SpeedDial buttons

Missed call, placed call, or received call lists in the directories window

A Phone Monitors a BLF/SpeedDial.

After an administrator configures the presence feature and the BLF/SpeedDial buttons, a user can immediately begin to monitor the real-time status of a presence entity.

From this CCM 5.0(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008053189a.html#wp1098807

Until CCM 5 the best you can do is configure the button on the 7914 for each DN you want to monitor and live with the Call Details :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys. I have my answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: