2x CCM 4.1(3)

2x IP IVR 4.0(4)

ICM 7.0

Generic PG:

PIM 2: CCM

PIM 3: VRU, IVR node 'IVR-A'

PIM 5: VRU, IVR node 'IVR-B'

Translation Routing.

IVR-A configuration is identical to IVR-B (to ensure redundancy)

ICM subsystem on IVR-A is okay, works, calls get transrouted.

ICM subsystem on IVR-B is out of service.

When I send a call, it hits the ICM script, waits for a couple of moments at the TranslationRoute to VRU node, then exits throught the failure connection, and I can hear "I am sorry we are experiencing system problems and are unable to process the call".

I also noticed the VRU PIM 5 (should be in contact with 'IVR-B' is IDLE all time)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

10 Replies 10

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Have you checked if you are using different ports to connect the ICM subsystem in IP/IVRs with the two IP/IVR PIMS?

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Well actually the ports are the same on both IVR's, I set 5005.

So both IVR-A and IVR-B have port 5005 in the ICM subsystem configuration, and their corresponding pim3 and pim5 processes too.

Should it be a different port?

I think that they can be the same port, but you can try to change it.

Juan Luis

Well actually the ports are the same on both IVR's, I set 5005.

So both IVR-A and IVR-B have port 5005 in the ICM subsystem configuration, and their corresponding pim3 and pim5 processes too.

Should it be a different port?

Post the IVR traces (System->Engine->Trace Files), also try Stopping and restarting the Engine. How are you JTapi Triggers configured?

Will post the traces tomorrow. Actually, the call actually gets to the IVR, I can hear "I am sorry, we are experiencing system problems etc etc" when I try to translation route to the service which is on the IVR-B... I guess it is because the ICM subsystem is offline on IVR-B.

When I try to transroute to service on IVR-A, it just works.

When I took a look at the MIVR traces on IVR-B, I can always see a Java exception thrown, something about GED125 or so...

Verify that the jtapi triggers on ivr-b are properly associated with the ivr user in Callmanager and that they are registered.

Hi, IVR-B controls the CallManager with the ivrbuser_1 account. Devices associated to this user are:

- all CTI Ports that were created on IVR appadmin web interface as call control group

- all CTI Route points thatr were created on IVR appadmin web interaface as JTAPI triggers for ICM Translation Routing application...

Should there be anything else associated with this user?

If I take a look at the ivrauser_1 (that is controlled by IVR-A), there is nothing else except for the CTI Ports and CTI Route Points created by IVR-A...

you didnt say how you configured your Jtapi Trigger. Anyway, try the following:

Disassociate the CTI-RP and Port from the IVR user and associate them again. Restart the IVR Engine. also close the dos process of the IVR PIm which shows idle, it should start automatically, see then if it state : ACTIVE.

I configured the JTAPI triggers on IVR (same applies to the CTI Ports) ~ I am talking about CRS 4.x where you do not configure triggers and cti ports on callmanager.

I disassociated everything from ivrbuser_1, restarted the CRS engine, killed the pim process on both Progger servers, still... no go.

PIM process for IVR-B still IDLE, ICM subsystem won't start up on IVR...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: