Downgrading LAP1310G

Unanswered Question
Feb 12th, 2007

Okay, here's the issue I'm having. I have a couple of LAP1310G access points. Obviously, they're of the lightweight variety. However, it comes to light after I get them (and can't return them) that I need autonomous AP's, not lightweight. The big problem, of course, is that without a Wireless LAN Controller, I can't seem to find any way of "downgrading" these AP's. All the instructions I can find seem to require a controller. Can anyone point me in the right direction of instructions on how to downgrade one of these AP's without needing a controller to do it? It seems there should be a way. After all, I have the IOS image I'd need, I just need to figure out how to get that IOS on the AP without having to use a controller to do so! Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
csannedhi Mon, 02/12/2007 - 12:56

If you don't have a Controller you can use a TFTP server loaded on a PC to migrate to autonomous firmware. This procedure is outlined at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

Go to the "Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release" section. Change the IP on the PC and leave the TFTP server in the running state while you press the MODE button.

jbrunsting Mon, 02/12/2007 - 12:58

That's what I thought as well. However, the 1310 doesn't have a MODE button, therefore, those instructions don't work.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network