cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Lotuis Domino

oholynskyj
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to confirm the following: Does every Domino server that has Unity subscribers HAVE to be on a local LAN as the Unity box or JUST the primary Domino server. I want to know if we can have domino Unity subscribers across a WAN.

Thx,

Oleh

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

LANs/WANs and bandwidth issues are a bit out of my area, but I can quote some documentation to you. Here you go.

Nancy

According to the Unity Design Guide:

"A Cisco Unity server can service a single physical site, meaning one or more well-connected LANs, such as a campus, single building, or other centralized facility where network bandwidth is not a problem."

And the Unity 4.2 System Requirements say:

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_system_requirements_hardware09186a008061eb2a.html#wp472709)

"Network Requirements?Cisco Unity Unified Messaging

The Cisco Unity server must be connected to the network, so it has access to the message store, the directory, and network utilities.

Recommended minimum 100 Mbps connection.

The Cisco Unity server must be connected to the servers listed below over a high-speed IP network with minimal propagation delay and with proper Quality of Service guarantees for traffic between the components.

When Domino is the message store:

-The Domino server that Cisco Unity uses for importing subscribers and lists from the primary subscriber address book, and that it monitors for changes to the Domino directory.

-The Domino server to which Cisco Unity sends voice messages.

-Any Domino server on which Cisco Unity subscriber mailboxes are homed. "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: