cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How works the 7825-H2 SATA raid controller?

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my situation.

1. OS4.3 installation okay with RAID1 (two HDD)

2. I able to boot-up each HDD (left and right) with remove the other one.

3. Put 2nd HDD with remove 1st. okay

4. Power down and insert 1st HDD. Both HDDs are put in place. At this momenent, 2nd HDD failed and cannot boot-up anymore. 1st HDD always okay in left or right slot but never come the 2nd. Looks SATA raid controller has special rule combination.

Can I have a guideline how it works or URL to refer.

Thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

How come Cisco not publish the instruction how to handle the RAID to protect the customer data? For example, in the case left slot HDD outage, move the right one (mirror set) to left and rebuilding manually the new HDD in right from left. I tested this scenario but need formal instruction from Cisco.

CSCsh83158

Thanks,

Fair point - i have a situation where a drive was removed prior to an upgrade, which went well, but now we are unsure if inserting the removed drive should be down with power on or power off and if it will overwrite teh original drive or ot will be updated.

Cisco not having clear documentation does not help at all, and when teh do mention SATA RAID, it says cold plug. Not good inmy opinion for RAID... as means a server outage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: