cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using RTMT to watch Gateway Load

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

I was asked to look for a way to get Report on our E1 links of our H323 Gateways. So i tried using RTMT (Call Activities Reports Archive) and got the attached diagram as Result.

Can anyone tell me how this Diagramm can tell me if our 4 E1 (120 Channels) are enough or should we consider putting other E1 link on the Gateways

9 Replies 9

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone`?

If the above diagram really shows only the calls out of your E1 interfaces, then you have at least 7 E1 interfaces so you can reach the 200 simultaneous calls.

Generally you need gateway utilization statistics - attempted and completed calls. Then you have to calculate your Erlangs - check that site http://www.erlang.com/calculator/index.htm on how to do this.

You can also try this cisco link http://www.cisco.com/iam/unified/ipt1/Develop_Traffic_Engineering_Specifications.htm

I did the Math, found out i need 60 to 80 Lines, we have 4 E1=120, so i thought we should be fine.

I used RTMT (H323 Active Calls) and it showed me a MAX of 60 on Busy Hour.

The CDR Statistic (Gateway Utilization) show also 100% of link are used, which is seems not true.

is it a Bug on those Reports (Gateway Utilization and Call Activities? Or am i missing something?

Any idea?

In CDR you should specify how many ports you have on that h323 gateway

System>System Parameters>Gateway Configuration

I already did that, i specified in CDR: 60 ports (2E1) for each Gateway we have.

Hi Jayd000007,

How did you get the report on the Gateway on RTMT? Can you pls. teach me how to get that "diagram report" ?

thanks

On your CCM webadmin page:

Got to aplication->Cisco Callmanager Serviceability->Tools->Serviceability Report Archive

HTH

Karzazi

Tnx Zin,

All I can see is alert reports. Maybe it's not setup in my CCM. Could you pls. teach me how?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: