Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure adding new route to IPCC Enterprise

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am a newb to the IPCC world and have been handed the task of configuring a new route for our call center. I understand that i would need to add the route in the service explorer, add a cti route point in call manager, and add the appropriate skill groups to route the calls. My issue is....where do i register the new cti route point in call manager? Is it a specific phone that has to be registered or ??? I have looked at the call manager configurations and the existing cti route points but they are not registered on any physical phones. The Ip address it is registered to is the call manager subscriber.

My question would be "where are the cti route points being registered at"?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

davidgoude
Level 1
Level 1

RPs register to a user created in callmanager. From the CCM admin page, go to User/GlobalDirectory and enter the user name (Whatever it was named). From the user record, go to Device Association and add it to the controlled devices. The association to this "user" is what connects the route point to IPCC.

Thank you...after i associate the device with the user. It still says the status is not found. Do i have to configure the route points in IPCC first for it to recognize in call manager?

The CTI-RP will always shows the status Offline if you dont associate it with an Application, which in this case is the Label in IPCC. So always create the CTI-Rp on the Callmanager, associate it with the JTAPI user (which you did), then go to IPCC, create a new "Calltype", Dialed Number, define Skillgroup, Define Service+Route, Create you Script and associate the DN with the Calltype+Script.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch...that is exactly what i was looking for. I have to create my script now and will update you when everything is tested and working correctly.

I love this fourm!!

bellad2004
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the same problem and get the following message when creating a JTAPI Trigger from IPCC :

"* Could not create CTI Route Point and corresponding Line on CallManager"

What's the workaround for this..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: