Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing connection with a good signal...

Hello!

I've a Aironet1200 with 802.1x (Cisco Secury ACS) integrated with Active Directory and in a ray of 15 meters of reach my Laptop lost the connection. The most curiosity is that I get looking for the connection status screen and on the exact moment when I lost conection the signal was between 90%~100%. With the Network Stumbler I saw that the channel was not congestioned. Have somebody here that have been the same problem and has solved that?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

robert.wright
Level 1
Level 1

Can u describe where your locating 90-100%? The reason i ask is that signal strength is typically rated in dBm and isnt a percentage.

-23dBm is a stronger signal than say -60dBm... Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is also typically rated in dBm...

an SNR of 60dBm is a better quality than a SNR of 23dBm. Netstumbler isn't the best gauge of how clear/open your 2.4ghz band is as its strictly concerned with 802.11.

I have a software that follows my Wireless NIC that shows the signal in %, it shows that the signal quality is exellent and Windows XP also shows the same

status.

- With Netstumbler I see the signal like a picture sent attached.

- I also sent a picture with a photo of place where I am using the AP1200.

- Another observation is that when the connection is to end the velocity starts degrading (54, 36, 24, ..., 1Mbps) until it get disconnect in the same time the signal is not degrading.

- You can see in the picture I sent that the place is surrounded with four glass walls... May be this the the cause of the problem?

Is your notebook using Intel 2200BG ?

when the client is connected do a show dot11 ass all on your ap.. and watch yuor SNR and signal strength readings. just to take a look towards interference. But also ensure your drivers are up to date and the latest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: