Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Enterprises 7.0 with CVP

Hi All, I am new to this forum as well on IPCC also. I need help if somebody can suggest me, what is is the Day to day Opration for the IPCCE Engineer to perform? In My IPCCE Infrastructure I have following components:

5350XM VXML GW with PGW2200 softswitch, 3845 GK, CSS 11503, CALL Manager 4.1, CVP 3.1,ICM 7.0, PG's. (For the Documention Purpose)

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

musakazim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Day to day task for an IPCC engineer totally depends on individual.

I can try and highlight some task

 Anti Virus update on the windows servers (as per Cisco recommendation)

 Making few inbound and outbound calls at the start of the day, just to make sure every thing is in place.

 Logging on Gateway and check the calls, ISDN status if all the ISDN interfaces are active and taking calls as you expected.

 Jump on to the Gatekeeper and have a look, if all the expected endpoints are registered with GK.

 Check which side of PG is active, if there was a fail over investigate the cause for it.

 Check the event log message on all Windows servers to find out if there was any issue.

 If your using Cisco works, check if its backing up the IOS data as expected.

 If you?re using any SNMP tool, check the events to find if there was any issue over night.

This are just day to day health check advice, I am sure you can do a lot in IPCC. Best of luck

Regards,

Musa

For Callmanager:

- Check RTMT Emails Alerts

- Check your (daily?)BARS Backup

- Server Report(CPU, Memory), Call Activities, Gateway Activities (Application->Callmanager Serviceablity->tools->Serviceability reports)

- Use DNA, SDI/SDL traces..etc

- once in a while get your Route Plan (*xls), check for unused DN (unassigned DNs)

- Setting a Lab Envirement would be the best if you are a newbie.

- CDRs (Gateway Utilization, QoS, ..etc)

- Read the SRND!!!

For IPCC Ent:

- Always be prepared for a "worst case" Scenario (depends on the Design of your IPCC)

- You should know how to collect logs from your PIMs,PGs, Router, Logger. How to use Dumplog Utility/ CTITEST / SQL Analyzer to troubleshoot day to day issues

- Ensure that Webview (or using SQL Analyzer) are showing the right statistics.

- Check Databases Backup

- Use ICM Script to Monitor your Call Flows.

- Read the SRND!!!

Last Advise: Stay Cool ;)

hope this helps

Zin-Elabidine Karzazi

ThanQ very much for ur advise. If u can guide me with some more details to be as successfull IPCC Engineer. Like general problems.....

FYI....the CCBU Support Tools is your best friend now. You can install it on CallManager, IVR, and IPCCe servers. It turns pulling logs into a few click process:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/suptools/sup21/st21gde.pdf

please rate helpful posts.