Views
Helpful
Replies

Some probleme with the MVR protocol

xavier.conter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In order to broadcast some video on different VLAN, I use the MVR protocol on switch 2950 and 3560. This solution works, but I have some problemes when the switch reboot or when I do some intervention on the port (unblock an err-disabled interface, make a "no shut" for example). In those case, I must reactivate the MVR. The multicast flow reaches the switch, but the users can't access to it. I must write this sequence in configuration mode :

no mvr

mvr

When I write those instructions, everything works. This solution is OK if I have 1 switch, but not on an entire network. I don't understand why this protocol don't start correctly, like the others process.

To be more specific, the IOS version for the 2950 is IOS (tm) C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(22)EA9.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

A couple of things to check are

1- make sure pim is enabled on all subnets/vlans that has a client wishing to receive the stream.

2 - make sure that the ttl value on the application is high enough if it is crossing vlans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: